55 +/ Seniors
Clubs and Groups
The following 55+ years groups meet at Steveston Community Centre on a regular basis:
- Chinese Multicultural Group - Mondays and Thursdays 9:00am-11:30am.
- Steveston Seniors Circle - Tuesdays, 1:00pm-3:00pm.
- Low Vision Support Group - Meets 2nd Wednesday of every month 10:00am-12:00pm
- Chronic Pain Management Support Group - Meets 3rd Wednesday of every month 9:30am-11:30am.
- Ukulele Circle - Fridays 10:00am-11:30am.
- Bridge: Social - Fridays 1:00pm-4:00pm.
- Golden Rods & Reels - Monthly Executive and General Meetings, 4th Tuesday 9:00am-12:00pm. Monthly Potluck Dinner, 2nd Friday 5:30pm.
- Drumming Circle - Alternating Mondays 1:30pm-3:00pm.
Volunteers are encouraged and welcome to assist with ongoing programs and special events. A valid Steveston Community Centre Facility Pass ($12/year) is required. For further information, please contact Jose Mendoza, Older Adult Coordinator, at 604-718-8098. Clubs and groups are subject to change.
Wellness clinics are held on the first Wednesday of every month at the Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre. Clinics feature blood pressure checks and consultation with a pharmacist. Holistic sessions include Pedicures, Reflexology, Reiki, Chair Massage, Therapeutic Touch and More! Due to popular demand, holistic sessions must be booked in advance. Please contact Jose at 604-718-8098 or email@example.com to book appointments or for further information.
For information on the wide variety of programs, events and services for those 55+ years, please refer to the Recreation and Culture Guide. To register online, please see Program Registration .
The following detailed programs and services listings can be found under Activities, Events and Schedules:
For more information, call Jose, Seniors Coordinator, at 604-718-8098.