Code of Conduct
Many of the City's sports facilities, including fields and ball diamonds are located in, or near residential neighbourhoods; therefore, a Code of Conduct policy has been developed and applies to all athletic fields.
This code exists to ensure the equitable and fair use of sports fields within City parks and provides sports users with guidelines regarding appropriate behaviour in residential neighbourhoods before, during and after sporting events.
Please review the following Code of Conduct information before booking or playing on any of the City's sports fields.
Athletic Field Code of Conduct
For the safety and enjoyment of all park users, please respect the following:
- The consumption of alcohol and illegal drugs is not permitted.
- Players, coaches and team supporters must be courteous and respectful to the residents, other park users, Caretakers, City staff and other agencies at all times.
- Designated washroom facilities must be used at all times.
- Obey traffic signage, regulations, bylaws and conditions.
- Pick up and remove all litter generated while using the park ("pack it in, pack it out").
- Respect and protect public and private property.
- Obey all park bylaws and regulations.
- The use of field, ball diamond, tennis, basketball and lacrosse box lighting is permitted until 11:00 p.m. (except London and Hugh Boyd parks in which lights are shut off at 10:15 p.m.). Written authorization from the Parks and Recreation Department is required for use beyond 11:00 p.m.
- Pick up after pets (dogs must be on leash at all times).
- Field, diamond and lacrosse box access is limited to the assigned allocation times as noted on league contracts.
Failure to comply may result in loss of field use permits. Please report any park concerns to Works Yard Dispatch at 604-270-8721.