Who to Call in an Emergency
In Richmond, in an emergency situation where you require the assistance of the police, the fire department or an ambulance, 9-1-1 provides immediate access to all the emergency services. See When to Call Police for more information on calling 911.
For other urgent matters such as serious water and sewer problems, road obstructions, traffic signal malfunctions, downed trees, icy roads or other problems of this nature, please call our 24 hour City Emergency Line at 604-270-8721.
For all non-emergency incidents, contact:
Richmond RCMP (police) at:
Main Detachment, 11411 No.5 Road, 604-278-1212.
Steveston Community Police Station, 4371 Moncton Street,
South Arm Community Police Station, 8880 Williams Road,
Please refer to the RCMP Contacts page for more detailed information and location map.
Richmond Fire-Rescue at:
Fire Hall No. 1 604-278-5131, or refer to the Fire-Rescue Contacts page for more information.
Richmond Block Watch at:
Reporting Child Abuse:
Anyone who has reason to believe that a child has been or is likely to be abused or neglected has a legal duty to report it to the Ministry of Children and Family Development. Call (604) 660-1044 / After hours call 604-660-4927.
If children need help, they can call the Helpline for Children.
Call 310-1234 (no area code needed).
City of Richmond
You may use our online form to report a problem or request a service, or alternatively please call these number for assistance:
- Main Switchboard 604-276-4000
- Graffiti Hotline 604-233-3307
- Public Works 24 Hour Call Centre -604-244-1262 to report:
- Potholes, cracks, and other problems with street surfaces, sidewalks, and curbs;
- Missing or damaged signs on City property;
- Missing, damaged or blocked traffic signs;
- Watermain leaks or water quality (dirty water);
- Burned out street lights or damaged light poles.
Environmental Health 604-233-3147
- To report food poisoning;
- Health hazards related to air, water or sewage disposal problems
Richmond Animal Protection Society
Call (604) 275-2036 to report loose animals.
Call 604-247-4616 for traffic signal problems.
Call 604-276-4032 / 604-276-4210 to report an obstruction to motorists’ sightlines (fences, trees, shrubs, etc.).
- Richmond Animal Protection Society 604-275-2036 between the hours of 10:00 am and 5 pm 7 days a week.
- After 5 pm Community Bylaws animal control cell 604-340-4650.
Call 604-276-4345 for property use violations:
- Bylaws complaints relating to the use of private property such as evidence of secondary suites;
- Unsightly properties;
- Boulevard maintenance issues;
- Signs placed on City property;
- Parking ticket information line (recorded) 604-276-4345.
Call 276-4345 to report parking violations or obtain parking ticket information. Please call the RCMP non-emergency number for illegally parked cars, 604-278-1212.
Call 604-276-4284 for parking ticket inquiries.
To pay a parking ticket online, see the Pay and Purchase tab on our home page.
Emergency Programs are working with the community to increase Richmond’s level of preparedness in the event of a major emergency.
Refer to the menu on this page to browse through the Emergency Preparedness webpages.
You may wish to download a copy of this brochure in PDF format:
Emergency Numbers Brochure
Emergency Numbers Brochure Translated into Chinese