How to Get StartedIt is really quite simple to become a volunteer. Following the five simple steps:
- Go to the City of Richmond volunteer website.
- Click on Volunteer at Emergency Programs.
- Complete the online registration process after which you will be contacted by the Emergency Management Office regarding your application.
- Volunteer Richmond will contact you for an interview.
- Complete the forms and criminal records check and return to the Emergency Management Office.
In partnership with Volunteer Richmond, all applicants will be contacted by a Volunteer Richmond staff person for a short interview. You will also be asked to provide references and complete a criminal records check.
We ask that all ESS volunteers take the Introduction to Emergency Social Services training (self study test), participate in simulated exercises and attend a wide variety of core training courses which are offered on a monthly basis. For information on specific positions within the Emergency Programs see Volunteer Job Descriptions.
Please note, the minimum age to volunteer for the Emergency Programs is 18 years old.
For further information, please call at 604-233-3333 or email Emergency Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.