Blue Box Recycling
Blue Box Recycling Guide
Here's how to use the City's Blue Box program to recycle at home
- Sort recyclable materials using the Blue Box, Blue Bag and Yellow Bag.
- Place at the curbside with your garbage cans before 7:30 a.m. on collection day, but no earlier than 8:00 p.m. the night before.
- If there's a statutory holiday, your collection day will occur one day later than the normal collection day and will resume on the regular schedule the following week.
What Goes Where
|What to Recycle||
|How to Recycle||Place in the Blue Bag||
|Do not include||
Blue Box Recycling Tips:
- Separate Blue and Yellow Bags from Blue Box and do not place bags at the bottom of the Blue Box
- Place bags beside or on top of the Blue Box
- Bring excessive amounts of cardboard, containers (code 1, 2, 4, & 5) and/or paper products to City's Recycling Depot
- * One bundle of corrugated cardboard is accepted per week for curbside pick up. Dimension is 3' (1 metre) x 2' (60 cm) and 4" (10 cm) in diameter.
How to Get a Blue Box, Blue Bag or Yellow Bag
There is no charge for new or replacement blue boxes, blue bags or yellow bags. To obtain these items, please call 604-276-4010, order them online or pick them up at the following locations:
City Recycling Depot
5555 Lynas Lane
Wednesday to Sunday (Closed on Mondays, Tuesdays & Statutory Holidays)
9:00 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
6911 No. 3 Road
Monday to Friday (Closed on Weekends & Statutory Holidays)
8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Helpful Links & Resources
Blue Box Brochure
Blue Box Brochure (Translated in Traditional Chinese)
Metro Vancouver Recycling Directory