Blue Cart RecyclingBLUE CART RECYCLING GUIDE
Here's how to use the City's Blue Cart program to recycle at home
- Sort all recyclable items into the reusable indoor collection bag provided to each unit.
- Take your reusable bag to the collection area for your building and empty them into the Blue Carts available.
- Some carts are collected from a central site each week; however, some are brought to a designated collection area. If your complex requires that carts be moved to a designated collection area, please ensure the carts are there before 7:30 a.m on collection day, but no earlier than 8:00 p.m. the night before.
- Statutory holidays will not affect collection. The only exception is Christmas Day, where collection mau occur one day later if on a weekday.
- Please use the guide below for information on what items go in your Blue Carts.
What goes where
What to Recycle
How to Recycle
Do not include
There is no charge for new or replacement Blue Cart indoor recycling bags. To get a new or replacement bag, please call 604-276-4010, order online or pick one up at the following locations:
City Recycling Depot
5555 Lynas Lane
Wednesday to Sunday, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
(Closed on Mondays, Tuesdays & Satutory Holidays)
6911 No. 3 Road
Monday to Friday, from 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(Closed on Weekends & Statutory Holidays)
Planning Recycling Locations for Multi-Family Buildings
To learn about the City of Richmond's guidelines relating to garbage and recycling for multi-family residential buildings, read the Waste Management Guidelies for Multi-Family and Mixed Use Buildings.
Helpful Links & Resources
Blue Cart Brochure
Blue Cart Brochure (Translated in Traditional Chinese)
Metro Vancouver Recycling Directory