About Cycling in Richmond
Richmond's combination of flat topography and extensive network of both on-street bike routes and off-street trails and greenways provides an ideal venue for cycling.
The City of Richmond recognizes the need to encourage bicycle travel for both transportation and recreation and works to promote bicycle use as a viable, attractive, non-polluting form of transportation and assure safe and convenient access to all areas of the city.
Cycling for transportation not only offers a solution to environmental health by reducing pollution but also provides a key to better personal health by increasing physical activity.
Explore these pages to find out more information about:
- local cycling routes and facilities;
- connections to regional destinations;
- tips for safe cycling and additional cycling safety resources;
- cycling rules and regulations when on the roadway;
- Richmond's bicycle planning policies and guidelines;
- bicycle news and events; and
- related local, regional and provincial bicycle-related links.
Need to report a problem or request a service? There are five ways to Contact Us.
Please point your mouse on Transportation, Traffic & Parking in the main menu on the left to see the list of topics in the fly out menus.