Transportation, Traffic & Parking
Street Use for Special Purposes
- Traffic and Parking Plan during Construction
- Lane Closure Request
- Building Moves
- Construction Zone Permit - Temporary Occupancy of City Street
- Painting House Address Numbers on Street Allowance
- Public Event
- Vehicle Oversize/Overweight
These documents are provided in Adobe Acrobat pdf formatTraffic and Parking Plan during Construction
Submission of this plan by the applicant to the City for approval is required before a building permit can be issued for the following construction activities:
- all development applications requiring construction activities in the City Centre core area bounded by Granville Avenue, Garden City Road, Gilbert Road, and Bridgeport Road;
- all development applications requiring construction activities in the Alexandra area bounded by Alderbridge Way, Garden City Road, Cambie Road, and No. 4 Road;
- all development applications requiring construction activities fronting arterial roads; and
- all development applications requiring construction activities fronting local or collector roads for developments of 5 residential units or more.
- an application must be submitted a minimum of 72 hours in advance of the date requested;
- submission of an application does not guarantee that authorization will be granted;
- fees may be charged for City services related to the lane closure; and
- time restrictions for the lane closure may be applied based on traffic volumes.
This permit is required in order to transport a building along City of Richmond roadways.
Painting House Address Numbers on Street Allowance
Provides the requirements that must be met in order to have permission granted to paint house numbers on curbs.
The following permits are required for oversize or overweight vehicle trips (single or multiple trips). The forms are fillable (i.e., user can type in the required text on-line) and then must be printed and submitted to the City by mail, fax or hand delivery. A minimum of 72 hours notice is required to process a request.
|4.12m (13.5 ft.)|
|2.6m (8.5 ft.)|
|Over 3.0m (10.0 ft.) to 3.85m (12.5 ft.)||1 Pilot||9am-3:30pm
|Over 3.85m (12.5 ft.) to 4.45m (14.5 ft.)||2 Pilots||6pm-7am|
|Over 4.45m (14.5 ft.) to 5.5m (18.0 ft.)||2 Pilots||2am-5am|
|Over 5.5m (18.0 ft.)||2 Pilots & Requires Police Approval|
|Single Vehicle - 10.7m (35 ft.)
Trailer or Semi-Trailer - 12.2m (40 ft.)
Combination of Vehicles - 18.3m (60 ft.)
Over 26m (85 ft.):
1 Pilot Car up to 3.85m (12.5 ft.) width
2 Pilot Cars for over 3.85m (12.5 ft.) width
|Oversize & Weight
Single Trip - $25.00
** Loads over 4.5m height also require Telus & BC Hydro permission **