Britannia Heritage Shipyard
For more information and location film photos contact Creative BC.
The Britannia Heritage Shipyard site is on 3.14 hectares (8.14 acres) of land located along the Steveston Channel of the south arm of the Fraser River. The sum of eleven buildings on the site have many stories to tell about the multi-cultural livelihood of the residents and workers at the Britannia Cannery and Britannia Shipyard: Native, Japanese, Chinese and European. In 1900, this site was one of 15 canneries on Steveston's Cannery Row, and became Britannia Shipyard in 1918.
Click on the Locations Map to view see the location of this site.