About Business Licences
To conduct your business in Richmond, you must have a valid business licence.
The following are resources for Business Licence application in Richmond:
- New Business Licence & Application Guide
- Changing and Updating Business Licence
- Renewing a Business Licence
- Metro West Inter-Municipal Business Licence
- Bed and Breakfast Business Licence
- Night Market Licence Application
More useful resources for Business Licence in Richmond:
Contact Business Licence Division by email BusLic@richmond.ca or by phone at 604-276-4328 if you have any questions.
For information on Richmond's business community and economy, please visit Richmond Economic Development.
Licence Fees & Regulations and Bylaws in Force
For the applicable Business Licence fees, please refer to the Consolidated Fees Bylaw in the City Bylaws section (Chapter 5) of this website. The licence fee is an annual fee based on the calendar year from date when the licence is issued. No tax is required for the licence fee.
Related Bylaws should be consulted for any regulations or requirements for specific business uses.
The Business Licence Requirements Bylaw, Business Regulation Bylaw, and Vehicle For Hire Regulation Bylaw can be viewed in the City Bylaws section of this website. These bylaws may also be viewed or purchased at City Hall.
- Your Business Licence must be posted in a conspicuous place as required in the bylaw.
- A reprint fee will apply for requests for a copy of a Business Licence. Please visit Richmond City Hall for a reprint.
- If you will not be operating or have ceased operations during a licence period, please notify the Business Licence office by fax to 604-276-4157 or by email to BusLic@richmond.ca.
- The bylaws for Business Licence, Business Regulation, Vehicle For Hire, and Commercial Vehicle can be viewed in the City Bylaws section of this website.
Commercial Vehicle Decals
Vehicles being used for commercial purposes for the collection or delivery, or both, of goods, wares, merchandise, or other commodity in the ordinary course of a business undertaking are required to display a current commercial vehicle decal. Decals can be purchased at any participating district.
For more information and FAQs, please refer to the Commercial Vehicle Decals Brochure.
To purchase commercial vehicle decals, the following documents must be included: the Commercial Vehicle Decals Application Form, valid vehicle insurance papers for each commercial vehicle, and application fee.
The new business licence reports will be uploaded within the first two weeks of each month.
Current Year to Date
2018 Richmond - New Business Licences
2017 Richmond - New Business Licences
2016 Richmond - New Business Licences
2015 Richmond - New Business Licences
2014 Richmond - New Business Licences
2013 Richmond - New Business Licences
2012 Richmond - New Business Licences
2011 Richmond - New Business Licences
2010 Richmond - New Business Licences
2009 Richmond - New Business Licences
2008 Richmond - New Business Licences
2007 Richmond - New Business Licences
2006 Richmond - New Business Licences
2005 Richmond - New Business Licences
2004 Richmond - New Business Licences