Bed and Breakfast Business Licence
Apply for a Bed and Breakfast Business Licence – Single-family detached homes ONLY
Do I Meet the Requirements?
Please visit the Bed and Breakfast Business page, for more information, requirements, and frequent asked questions (FAQs), before you submit an application.
Use this map to access the locations of current licensed Bed and Breakfasts, the 500-metre buffer requirements, property information, and more in Richmond.
Richmond Bed & Breakfast Map
*Note: the mapping information is updated daily and subject to change without prior notice. Qualifications of Bed and Breakfast requirements are reviewed by the City before the licence issuance.
Apply for a Bed and Breakfast Business Licence
Please have the following information ready when applying for a Bed and Breakfast business licence:
- Business Licence Application Form
- Identification: Must prove that either the owner of the home or an immediate family member resides in the home.
- Floor Plans of the Home: Plans must be drawn to scale and show the entire floor area of all levels of the residence proposed to be used for the B&B. Plans must further indicate the use of each room and clearly label those rooms proposed to be used for the B&B.
- Fire Evacuation Plan: Show each room proposed to be part of the B&B including exits, fire extinguishers and smoke detectors. Fire evacuation plans must be posted in each bedroom in a B&B. showing each room proposed to be rented
- Landscaping and Site Plan: Plan must show landscaping elements, hard-surfacing (asphalt, concrete, pavers etc.), patios and architectural elements (fencing, walls, etc.).
- Parking Plan: Identify vehicle parking spaces for residents of the home and parking spaces for B&B guests.
- Signage: Include a Application for Sign Permit for any signs to be included to identify the B&B business.
- Notification Letter: Provide a sample of the notification letter that will be provided to neighbours.
- Guest Registration Form: Include a copy of the registration form that will be used to record information from guests.
- email to BusLic@richmond.ca (preferred; the application fee can be made by credit card via 604-276-4328)
- fax to 604-276-4157
- mail to City of Richmond, Business Licence Division, 6911 No. 3 Road, V6Y 2C1
- in person at Richmond City Hall, during regular business hours Monday to Friday 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Application will not be processed without the Application Fee.
You may pay with cash, cheque, money order, Interac card, or credit card through the following options. For the applicable Business Licence fees, please refer to the Consolidated Fees Bylaw in the City Bylaws section (Chapter 5) of this website.
- By Phone – provide your credit card information to Business Licence Division at 604-276-4328
- By Mail – mail your payment to Richmond City Hall, 6911 No. 3 Road, Richmond, BC V6Y 2C1, attention Business Licence Division.
- In Person – bring your payment to Richmond City Hall, 6911 No. 3 Road, during regular business hours, Monday to Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.