5 Year Financial Plan
What is a 5 Year Financial Plan?
The Community Charter requires that Council adopt a 5 Year Financial Plan each year prior to the adoption of the annual Property Tax Bylaw. The purpose of the 5 Year Financial Plan is to provide a budgetary framework for the City to plan the management of its resources, revenues and expenditures in order to best serve the community.
The Consolidated 5 Year Financial Plan combines the following components that have been approved by Council for inclusion in the 5 Year Financial Plan:
- 2019 Utility Budget and Rates (approved October 9, 2018)
- 2019 Capital Budget (approved February 11, 2019)
- 2019 One-Time Expenditures (approved February 11, 2019)
- 2019 Proposed Operating Budget - Same Level of Service Referral Response (approved February 11, 2019)
- 2019 Proposed Operating Budget - Referral Response (presented at the Finance Committee on February 4, 2019)
- 2019 Proposed Operating Budget (presented at the Special Finance Committee on January 14, 2019)
The following document provides an overview of the Proposed Consolidated 5 Year Financial Plan (2019-2023):
Highlights of the Proposed Consolidated 5 Year Financial Plan (2019-2023)
Consolidated 5 Year Financial Plan (2019-2023) Bylaw 9979
The proposed 5 Year Financial Plan (2019-2023) Bylaw 9979 received preliminary approval from City Council on Monday, February 11, 2019 and is currently available in the link below:
Proposed Consolidated 5 Year Financial Plan (2019-2023) Bylaw 9979
We want to hear from you about the City's proposed 5 Year Financial Plan. We welcome your input before 11:59 p.m. on March 3, 2019 by:
- Visiting our online community engagement site at letstalkrichmond.ca
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivering written submissions to the Finance Department, Richmond City Hall, 6911 No. 3 Road, Richmond V6Y 2C1
It is anticipated that Bylaw 9979 will be considered by Council for adoption at the Regular Council Meeting on Monday, March 11, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the Richmond City Hall Council Chambers. Public delegations at the Council Meeting are also permitted with regard to this bylaw. For more information on being a delegate, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 604-276-4007.