RestorationWe’re Restoring the #1220 Interurban Tram Car!
Restoration is long and complex. Our goal is to protect original materials and return the car to its appearance from 1912 to 1958.
• The trolley poles will be installed on the roof of the car.
• Brass components will be installed in the interior of the car.
• A second whistle will be installed.
• Two bench seats will be built and covered in rattan.
• Our volunteers will continue to work hard, cleaning car parts and reinstalling the operational components in the motorman’s cabs.
• A maintenance plan will be created to ensure the long term preservation of the car.
Check in here to see what we are doing next!
For more on restoration updates please follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Accessibility to the Tram Car may be limited due to safety precautions. We still welcome you to view the restoration and participate in activities related to Richmond’s transportation history.