General Information for Candidates
Declaration of Election by Voting - 2022 Local General and School Election
List of Nominated Candidates - 2022 Local General and School Election
Declaration of Candidates - 2022 Local General and School Election
The 2022 Richmond Election will be held on Saturday, October 15, 2022 to elect one Mayor, eight Councillors and seven School Board Trustees.
- Important Dates
- Elections BC contacts
- Elections BC Regulations
- Elections BC Guides and Forms
- Candidate Expense Limits
- Third Party Expense Limits
- January 1, 2022 to September 16, 2022 - Election Period
- August 30, 2022 (9:00 am) to September 9, 2022 (4:00 pm) - Nomination Period
- September 17, 2022 to October 15, 2022 - Campaign Period
- October 1, 5, 6, 7 and 8, 2022 - Advance Voting Days
- October 15, 2022 - General Voting Day
- January 13, 2023 (4:30 pm) - Financial Disclosure Statement Deadline
Contact Elections BC if you have questions about campaign financing, election advertising and third party sponsor rules.
Elections BC contacts for candidates and elector organizations
Office hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Local Elections Campaign Financing (toll-free): 1-800-661-8683
- Local Elections Campaign Financing Act
- Local Elections Campaign Financing Expense Limit Regulation
- Guide to Local Elections Campaign Financing in B.C for Candidates and their Financial Agents
- Disclosure Statement Forms for Candidates
- Financing Arrangement Forms and Instructions
- Campaign account letter for savings institutions
- Guide to Local Elections Campaign Financing in BC for Elector Organizations and their Financial Agents
- Disclosure Statement Forms for Elector Organizations
- Campaign Financing Arrangement Forms and Instructions
Third Party Sponsors
Candidate Expense Limits
As outlined by Elections BC, all candidates in the 2022 local government elections, including all subsequent by-elections, have expense limits that apply during the campaign period (September 17, 2022 to October 15, 2022).
Each jurisdiction and office has its own limit, which is based on the population of the election area. These limits apply to the 2022 General Local Elections and all subsequent by-elections.
The candidate expense limits for the Richmond area are as follows:
You may also view the candidate expense limits on Election BC’s website.
Third Party Expense Limits
There are two types of expense limits for third party sponsors/advertisers: directed advertising expense limits and cumulative advertising expense limits.
Directed advertising expense limits apply to advertising about a specific candidate or elector organization. The third party directed advertising expense limits for the Richmond area are as follows:
|Third Party Advertising||Expense Limit|
|Mayor and Councillor candidates||$6,946.60|
You may also view the candidate third party expense limits on Elections BC's website.
If you are a third party sponsor/advertiser and you are conducting “issue advertising” or if you are advertising in more than one jurisdiction, please contact Elections BC for information about applicable expense limits and rules by calling 1-800-661-8683.
If you need information about how to complete the Statement of Disclosure in the candidate nomination package, please visit the Province of BC's website. This website also contains a link to frequently asked questions about municipal official financial disclosure.