Temporary closure of Garden City Road southbound at Granville Avenue
11 January 2016
To make urgent repairs to a gas main south of Granville Avenue, FortisBC has temporarily closed Garden City Road southbound at Granville Avenue. The closure will last 24 hours per day until Tuesday, January 19 (dates are approximate and subject to change).
Signage will be in place to direct drivers towards detour routes.
The lane closures and detours are as follows:
- Full temporary closure of southbound Garden City Road south of Granville Avenue
- No left turns to westbound Granville Avenue from northbound Garden City Road
- No left turns from westbound Granville Avenue to southbound Garden City Road
- No right turns from eastbound Granville Avenue to southbound Garden City Road
- Eastbound Granville Avenue bike lane closed at Garden City Road
- Northbound Garden City Road will be detoured at Cook Road for westbound turn restrictions
Traffic control personnel will be on-site 24 hours per day to maintain the integrity of the closures and restrictions. FortisBC staff will be on-site 24 hours per day to monitor the site/leak.
The road closure is required to stay in place 24 hours a day until the repair is complete. Work will be done during normal daytime hours. The site will be monitored overnight.
Local resident access south of the closure will be maintained via northbound Garden City Road.
For more information, please visit fortisbc.com/inyourneighbourhood or call 1-888-224-2710.