Richmond’s property taxes due Monday, July 4
20 June 2022
Richmond property owners are reminded that property taxes are due on Monday, July 4, 2022. Tax notices were mailed out at the end of May. If you have not received your statement, please call the City Tax department immediately at 604-276-4145.
Payments can be made:
- online or in person through your financial institution
- online by credit card (service fees apply) through the City’s website
- by mailing a cheque (Do not send cash in the mail. Postmarks will not be accepted as the payment date.)
- by cheque in the City Hall drop box (Do not deposit cash)
Payments can also be made in person at City Hall during business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 5 p.m.). City Hall is closed on Canada Day, July 1.
Cash is NOT accepted at City Hall. Accepted payment methods are cheque, debit card and credit card (service fees apply).
The Government of BC is responsible for all home owner grants claimed in the province.
- If eligible, residential property owners must apply annually for their home owner grant online at www.gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant.
- If unable to apply online or you missed claiming last year’s grant, visit www.gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant or call Home Owner Grant Administration at 1-888-355-2700 for assistance.
If taxes are not paid and/or grants not claimed by July 4, 2022, a five per cent penalty will be charged on all current outstanding taxes. A further five per cent penalty will be charged on all outstanding tax amounts after September 2, 2022.
All property owners are responsible for property tax payments and applicable penalties, regardless of whether or not a tax notice is received.
For more information, please visit www.richmond.ca/tax, email TaxDept@richmond.ca or call 604-276-4145.