About Walk Richmond
Walking regularly is one of the easiest ways to get the recommended 30 to 60 minutes of daily physical activity needed to ensure good health. Walk Richmond helps make this goal more attainable by offering free walks throughout the year, providing opportunities to volunteer and supplying resources to help keep you moving!
Free Guided Walks
Walks are for all ages and fitness levels and are led by a member of the Richmond Fitness and Wellness Association. Come connect with other walkers in Richmond!
Winter & Spring 2023
Information is posted on the Walk Richmond Facebook page
Details about each walk will be sent to those who have subscribed to the Walk Richmond Newsletter.
CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE THE WALK RICHMOND NEWSLETTER
Find detailed information about walks, directions, parking, washrooms and access in Richmond's Walking Guide Book.
Printed books are available at most community recreation facilities or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have one mailed to you.
Richmond Walking Guide Book
Richmond's Walking Guide Book (Chinese Version)
Walk Richmond is always looking for enthusiastic Walk Leaders to help facilitate the weekly walking series and assist at community events. This is a great opportunity to stay fit, meet some new friends and help inspire others in the community to live healthier and more active lives. Visit https://icanhelp.richmond.ca to sign up as an individual volunteer with the Walk Richmond program on the City of Richmond Volunteer Opportunities website.
Walk Richmond Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities
Email email@example.com or call 604-276-4300 for more information.
- Meet 10 minutes before scheduled time as walks begin on time
- Walks include a warm up, cool down and light stretching
- Bring a hat and sunscreen
- Walks happen rain or shine
- Walks can be up to one hour long and are approximately 4 to 5 km in distance
- Walks are at your own individual pace
- First Aid and volunteer walkers are available on each walk
- Parent(s) with strollers are welcome
- The following walks are pet friendly (dog off-leash areas): Shell Road, Sea Island, South Dyke and Horseshoe Slough