Developing Affordable Housing
The City has a number of affordable housing policies, initiatives and resources to inform and assist local developers.
Resources for Homeowners/Landlords
- Secondary Suite - Since 2007, the Zoning Bylaw has permitted secondary suites to be located on single detached lots
Resources for Non-Profits
- Affordable Housing Resource Guide – Provides guidance to non-profit providers and other stakeholders regarding the City’s Affordable Housing Strategy, the City’s development process, and other relevant City policies related to affordable housing in Richmond
- BC Housing, Partner Resources – Tools and information for creating and operating non-market affordable housing
- BC Housing, Community Partners Initiative – Information for non-profit developers to create affordable housing projects without federal subsidies
- CMHC - Affordable Housing Development – Provides services and funding to develop new affordable housing.
To discuss a potential affordable housing project, please contact:
Affordable Housing Program Manager