Richmond Fire-Rescue is All About Team
To learn what our employees have to say, view our "Teamwork" video clip
(1 min 32 sec).
Press the play button and then the square button in the bottom, right-hand corner to watch the video in full screen HD.Core (Basic) Qualifications
- Legal entitlement to work in Canada.
- High school graduation or GED equivalency.
- *Valid B.C. Class 3 Driver's Licence (Automatic or Manual) with airbrakes, and a driving record that demonstrates responsible and safe driving behaviour. A record with more than six points will eliminate an applicant from further consideration. *NOTE: A valid B.C. Class 5 Driver`s Licence or equivalent is acceptable at time of application; however valid B.C. Class 3 Driver`s Licence (Automatic or Manual) with airbrakes, is required by the interview stage of the hiring process.
- No conviction for a criminal offence related to the job of fire fighter.
- A minimum for First Responder Level 3, Occupational First Aid Level 2 or equivalent.
- Physically fit and able to pass the Fitness York Test.
- Ability to pass a medical examination compliant with standards set out in the National Fire Protection Association 1582 (NFPA 1582 Chapter 6).
- Ability to swim (100m front crawl or freestyle - continuous forward stroke - and 5 minute treading water).