Halloween and Fireworks
Richmond Fire-Rescue would like to remind the public of the City of Richmond's Fireworks Regulation, Bylaw No. 8306 which states:
- A person must not purchase, sell, display for the purpose of sale, offer for sale, give, dispose of or distribute fireworks to any person.
- A person must not possess, ignite, explode, set off, or detonate fireworks except as permitted under a display permit.
Only a licensed fireworks supervisor may apply for a display permit, which authorizes the holder to ignite, explode, set off or detonate fireworks within the guidelines stated in Bylaw No. 8306 Part 2 Section 2.1 Display Permits.
View or download the Fireworks/Pyrotechnic Display Permit Application.
Richmond Fire-Rescue would also like to remind the public:
- Trick or treaters should carry a flashlight or glow stick.
- Inspect all treats before consuming.
- Stay on sidewalks and in well-lit areas.
- Be visible.
- Have fire resistant costumes.
Have a Safe and Happy Halloween!