Call for Presenters
2023 Call for Presenters
This year’s symposium will be held from October 23 to 27, 2023. Submissions to the 2023 Diversity Symposium will open this spring.
Why Be a Presenter?
The City of Richmond Diversity Symposium offers a unique opportunity to learn, share and collaborate with a community of professionals and volunteers from various municipal departments, not-for-profit groups, social service organizations, the private sector and academic institutions that are working towards advancing diversity, equity and inclusion.
The Diversity Symposium welcomes proposals that:
- Explore emerging practices and innovative ideas that facilitate understanding and connection across people of diverse backgrounds.
- Challenge our thinking and inspire action and change.
- Provide participants with practical skills, ideas, strategies and perspectives to tackle challenges and opportunities in their respective fields.
- Share case studies and lessons learned on pressing social issues.
- Initiate thought-provoking discussions around issues of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Use an intersectional lens in unpacking the complexities of current social challenges.
- Identify best practices in measuring outcomes and impact.
- Bring multiple stakeholders together to achieve collective impact and social change.
- Facilitate a safe, respectful and thoughtful dialogue among participants.
Call 604-276-4104 or email DiversitySymposium@richmond.ca to discuss ideas for proposals.