Sponsorship Through Dedications
About the Program
The City of Richmond's Tree, Bench and Picnic Table Dedication Program (Dedication Program) offers community members the opportunity to dedicate an existing bench or picnic table to allow friends and families to recognize loved ones while simultaneously contributing to the enhancement of Richmond's parks and open space system. Thanks to the Dedication Program, there are currently more than 470 benches and 70 tables within Richmond parks.
Missing Plaques and Renewals
How to dedicate a Bench or Picnic Table
- Read through Policy 7019 - Tree, Bench and Picnic Table Dedication Program, Terms and Conditions about the Dedication Program.
- Find an available location for dedication using the Dedication Program interactive map.
- Fill out the Online Application form or print off the PDF and mail to:
Attn: Parks Programs
Community Services Division
5599 Lynas Lane
Richmond, BC V7C 5B2
- City Staff will contact you to confirm availability of location or suggest alternatives.
- Once the location is confirmed, you will receive a contract for review, the cost of a plaque will be collected as a deposit and a contract will be signed.
- Plaque design process will begin.
- Once plaque design is confirmed, the plaque will be installed within six weeks.
|Dedication Type||Standard Bench||Standard Picnic Table|
|Initial Full Dedication Fee (one plaque included):||$3,500||$4,000|
|Initial Shared Dedication Fee (price per dedication and includes one plaque):||$2,000||$2,250|
|Renewal Fee (additional 10 year term)*:||$3,000||$3,500|
**Additional charges may apply for special requests on plaques.
Fees are subject to change at any time without notice.
A tax receipt will be issued for the dedication amount less the cost of the plaque.
Shared dedications are assets with plaques contributed by multiple parties. These parties are identified and organized through the dedicators (not the City) and the City administers the asset on behalf of the two parties. Parties must enter into a shared dedication at the same time during the initial dedication of an asset. Shared dedications are not available for assets with existing dedications.
Tree Dedication Details
- Tree species and variety are dependent on the site selected within the city.
- Preferences may be discussed with City staff.
- The tree shall become City property and will be placed on the City’s regular schedule of maintenance.
- The identity of dedicators shall become part of the public record.
- Planting is carried out by City staff at a time identified by the City’s Urban Forestry department.
- Plaques are not installed with tree dedications to protect the health of the tree.
The minimum amount required to purchase and plant a 7.0 cm (2.75 in.) caliper tree is $650. The final amount is dependent on the type of tree.
- A tax receipt will be issued.
- Costs are subject to change without notice.
For more information regarding the City of Richmond Dedication Program:
Parks Programs – Community Services
5599 Lynas Lane
Richmond, BC V6Y 5B2