Food Scraps & Yard Waste
Richmond's Green Cart recycling program is available to all Richmond residents to ensure they have a convenient access to recycle food scraps, yard and garden trimmings, which are banned from the garbage. For more information about Metro Vancouver Organic Disposal Ban, see Food Scraps Disposal Ban.
Online supplies request: Kitchen containers and Green Can Decals are available by request. Select "Need Help" from the Recycling Wizard, then choose "I need to order bins".
Related Links and Resources
- Recycling and Garbage Brochures and Guides
- Metro Vancouver "Food Scraps Aren't Garbage" Campaign
- Metro Vancouver "Food Scraps Explainer" Video
- Instruction to fold newspaper liner for kitchen container
- Video instructions to fold newspaper liner for kitchen container