Let's Recycle Correctly
Recycling makes a difference. But it’s important to do it correctly.
- Separate glass bottles/jars from other recycling.
- Remove lids and rinse.
- Recycle glass in your Glass Recycling Bin/Cart.
Not sure what goes where visit richmond.ca/RecycleSearch or use the Recycling Wizard on the free Richmond Recycling app.
|Items not accepted in Blue Box/Blue Cart:||How to deal with these items...|
|Broken glass / ceramic glassware||These items are not recyclable - please in Garbage Cart|
|Styrofoam (expanded polystyrene)||Drop off all of these items at the Richmond Recycling Depot
5555 Lynas Lane
Open seven days per week from 9:00am to 6:15pm
(Closed statutory holidays)
|Paints and solvents|
|Batteries and cell phones|
|Non-packaging plastic and metal items like hangers, toys and laundry baskets|
Propane and butane tanks
- Stomp and flatten paper and plastic items like milk containers and boxes before recycling to save space in your bins
- Empty and rinse containers before recycling to reduce contamination
- Do not bundle items in a plastic bag - place items individually in Blue Box/Blue Cart (not in a bag)
- No plastic bags (including biodegradable/compostable plastics)
- Do not stack items of different materials inside one another (e.g. plastics inside a tin can)