Richmond, BC V6W 1K3 Watermania Area Map
Take a virtual tour
Statutory Holidays See hours below
Watermania is part of the Riverport Sports and Entertainment Complex and is easily accessible off of Highway 99 via exit 32, Steveston Highway east. This facility offers a complete aquatic and fitness experience all in one place with features that include:
- 57 metre competition pool with movable bulkhead
- 1 and 3 metre spring boards, plus 5 metre tower - call to confirm hours
- wave pool with interactive water play features - includes a large seahorse that pours water into a giant tipping bucket, a fun tot slide, and a variety of interactive sprayers and water wheels
- two exciting waterslides
- steam room and sauna
- two large whirlpools
- 3,000 square foot Fitness Centre equipped with cardiovascular, strength and toning machines, as well as free weights
- two air-conditioned multipurpose rooms, with a wood sprung floor, available for fitness classes, birthday parties, meetings and room rentals - closed
The facility provides both universal and accessible change rooms and is fully wheelchair accessible.
The Watermania Sports Therapy Clinic (604-448-9616) and the Swim & Fitness Shop (604-277-1260) are included within the facility.
Watermania is a BCRPA Facility Excellence Award Winner and has been voted Richmond’s best family amusement centre.
Aquatic Services FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions - Swimming Lessons
Important notice - Waterslides
Due to safety codes and manufacturer's requirements, only "single riders" are permitted in any one waterslide flume. Parent and child "double riding" is not permitted. Note: Children must be 7 years of age or older and 1.2 metres tall to ride on the Watermania waterslides.
Joint Replacement Programs
Watermania offers registered pre- and post-operative programs for individuals having knee or hip replacements. There is an opportunity to learn about the program during the orientation class. While it's preferred that this class is taken prior to enrolling in the program, exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis. Completion of the following consent form is required prior to joining any of the Joint Replacement programs described below.
Joint Replacement Program Consent Form
Joint Replacement Entry Criteria and Frequently Asked Questions
Joint Replacement - Orientation
Gain an understanding of the JR2 class format, exercise and guidelines before beginning the program. An ability level evaluation is included along with a short aquatic workout. This land- and water-based exercise program was developed in partnership with Richmond Health Services and aims to help increase the surgical optimization of joint replacement candidates.
Joint Replacement Recovery (JR2)
Mon and Wed: 11:30am-12:45pm and 12:15-1:30pm
This pre- and post-operative recovery program helps patients improve range of motion and muscular strength before and after total hip or knee replacement and includes land- and water-based exercise. Clients are able to take part in either or both of these options. Progression to the weight room is added once more intensive activity is recommended. Physiotherapist referral is usually required. Call Donna Bishop at 604-238-8009 for more information.
PAR-Q+ (The Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire for Everyone)
The PAR-Q+ is a self-administered (do-it-yourself) questionnaire. When taking part in any fitness activity in a City facility, patrons are asked to:
- Complete a PAR-Q+ Fillable Form; or
- Read the poster version of the form; or
- Visit eparmedx.com to complete the Full PAR-Q+ questionnaire with follow up questions.
Fitness & Active Living Questions?
Suspended until further notice