City Hall - Saturday, November 11
For those wishing to reflect and remember with the community, there is an in-person Remembrance Day ceremony on Sat, Nov 11 at the cenotaph located on the east side of Richmond City Hall (6911 No. 3 Road).
For those unable to attend in person, Richmond’s Remembrance Day service is available to watch below.
- 10:20am: Parade will start and include units of Canadian veterans; members of the Royal Canadian Legion and Army, Navy and Air Force Veterans in Canada; Richmond's permanent Canadian Forces Unit 39 Service Battalion; representation from public safety agencies; and cadet organizations.
- 10:40am: Official ceremony will begin.
- 11:00am: Two minutes of silence, followed by wreath laying.
- 11:30am: Richmond Remembrance Day Reception
Temporary Road Closures
- Temporary road closures will be in effect on Nov 11 from 8:00am to 1:30pm (No. 3 Road and Granville Avenue surrounding City Hall).
- There will be no public parking on site at City Hall. A limited number of accessible stalls will be available.
Due to the solemn nature of the Remembrance Day Ceremony, pets are asked to be left at home.
We Will Remember Them
The City’s cenotaph is a monument that serves as a daily reminder to honour those who hailed from Richmond and died for our country in times of war.
We Will Remember Them: The lives behind the Richmond Cenotaph is a publication from the City of Richmond Archives that delves into who these young men were.
Visit the virtual exhibit: We Will Remember Them
Recordings of previous ceremonies are archived below.
|2022||2022 Remembrance Day ceremonies (1hour 12 minutes)|
|2021||2021 Remembrance Day ceremonies (38 minutes)|
|2020||2020 Remembrance Day ceremonies (22 minutes)|