Child Care Development Advisory Committee
The Child Care Development Advisory Committee’s purpose is to provide advice (e.g. information, options, analysis and recommendations) to Richmond City Council regarding the planning, development, support and promotion of a range of quality, affordable and accessible child care in Richmond.
There are 12 voting members, each serving a term of two years. Members of the Child Care Development Advisory Committee represent a range of child care development knowledge, experience and perspectives including:
- the City’s ethno cultural diversity;
- experience in child care development issues, needs and solutions;
- community child care related organizations (e.g. Richmond Child Care Resource and Referral Centre);
- business and the development community (e.g. Urban Development Institute);
- health and human environment;
- community planning;
- organizational development;
- accounting and finance;
- communications and public relations;
- other, as appropriate.
The City also provides a Council liaison and a staff liaison as non-voting members.
Terms of Reference
Annual Report and Work Program
Review the Child Care Development Advisory Committee 2021 Annual Report and 2021 Work Program for information about the Committee's priorities.
Child Care Month
May is celebrated annually in B.C. and in the City of Richmond as Child Care Month. This provides an opportunity to celebrate the dedication and commitment that Early Childhood Educators and child care providers demonstrate each day in our community.
The Richmond Child Care Development Advisory Committee, in collaboration with Richmond Child Care Resource and Referral (a program of Richmond Cares, Richmond Gives) and the Richmond Public Library are hosting these upcoming public events for Child Care Month in May 2023:
- A symposium for Early Childhood Educators, Child Care Providers and Parents titled Supporting Richmond's Children, featuring four presentations; and
- A Children's Art Exhibition featuring original creations from local child care programs.
Child Care Month recognizes and celebrates the work of Early Childhood Educators and child care providers who create nurturing, caring and educational programs for children enrolled in over 7,700 licensed child care spaces in Richmond.