Richmond-based neighbourhood groups, not-for-profit organizations, local artists, Parent Advisory Committees, Community Associations and Student Councils with a creative idea for an event that will build community connections and neighbourhood pride are encouraged to apply for a Richmond Neighbourhood Celebration Grant by Sunday, February 26, 2023.
The Neighbourhood Celebration Grant Program provides funding up to $2,000 to support the delivery of initiatives that will connect residents of diverse backgrounds through community events and shared experiences that can be delivered between June 1 and December 31, 2023.
Examples of events that are eligible for funding include neighbourhood block parties, community picnics and cultural celebrations. Local artists are encouraged to connect with local not-for-profit organizations or neighbourhood groups to develop proposals that capitalize on the power and potential of the arts to support community-building and promote social connection.
Event submissions will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- All applicants must be Richmond-based
- Event must be held in Richmond
- Event demonstrates alignment with the program objectives
- Event is inclusive and demonstrates engagement of community members from diverse backgrounds
- Applicants must demonstrate capacity to host the event and a realistic estimate of resources needed and total budget required
- Project demonstrates commitment to incorporate sustainability initiatives
- Event must take place between June 1 and December 31, 2023
Find out more about the Richmond Neighbourhood Celebration Grant Program and submit an online application at www.richmond.ca/celebrationgrant. Deadline for submissions is Sunday, February 26, 2023.